For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mary's City, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's rowing team competed against Mid-Atlantic Rowing Conference opponent, Franklin & Marshall College, on the St. Mary's River Friday morning. The Seahawks won the varsity eight.
St. Mary's vs. Franklin & Marshall
How It Happened
- In the varsity eight race, the F&M crew appeared to enter St. Mary's water despite warnings to steer away. The crews were even for most of the race. When the Diplomats forced St. Mary's to stop rowing, F&M had just pulled ahead. Both crews were open water ahead of the F&M junior varsity. The decision was made to relegate the F&M varsity behind the crew they interfered with.
- The Seahawks win the varsity eight in 6:30.2. F&M varsity second (6:25.6) after relegation followed by F&M junior varsity third (6:46.5).
- The other race featured the varsity four. The Diplomats won that race in 7:36.1 followed by St. Mary's in second (8:25.8).
Seahawks Boat Line-Ups
- Varsity Eight: Leslie Malick (coxswain), Perry Conner (stroke), Collin Kroh (seven), Ben Lee (six), Sean Tulley (five), Conor Burke (four), Justin Hoobler (three), Joseph Cirillo (two), Brad Davidson (bow)
- Varsity Four: Anne Chernikoff (coxswain), Brad Davidson (stroke), Nicholas Cooper (three), Robert Dorsett (second), Jay Guo (bow)
Up Next for the Seahawks
Mar. 25 at Murphy Cup (Philadelphia, Pa. – Schuylkill River)
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMRowing, #GoHawks, #TalonsOut
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmrowing