For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Salisbury, Md. – First-year Tyler Wilson (Silver Spring, Md./Albert Einstein) had a solid showing in his collegiate debut Saturday morning, leading the St. Mary's College of Maryland men's cross country team at Sea Gull Opener hosted by Salisbury University. The Seahawks began the 2018 campaign by placing sixth.
- Place – 6th of 7/165 points
- Location – Winter Place Park – Salisbury, Md.
St. Mary's Top 5 Finishers:
- The first Seahawk to finish on the day was Wilson with a time of 28:25.90 to place 31st overall in a field of 80 runners.
- Behind Wilson was senior captain James Judlick (Baltimore, Md./Perry Hall), who came in 58th at 30:51.73.
- First-year Frank Zimmer (Silver Spring, Md./Albert Einstein) posted a time of 32:40.04, making him the third Seahawk to cross the finish line and placed him 63rd overall.
- Fourth for St. Mary's was junior Joseph McManus (Chevy Chase, Md./ Bethesda Chevy Chase) at 32:42.14 for 64th overall. This is just the second time McManus has scored for the Seahawks in his two-year career.
- Scoring for the first time in his career was senior Zack Walker (St. Leonard, Md./Calvert) who rounded out the top five scorers for St. Mary's. He came in 65th place with a time of 32:44.93.
Other Race Highlights
- Matt Russo of No. 29 Rowan University won the race with a time of 25.47.26.
- Rowan claimed the team title as well while the U.S. Naval Academy, who ranks fourth in the Mid-Atlantic region, finished four points behind the Profs for second.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- The Seahawks are back on the road as they travel to McDaniel College next Friday, September 7 for the Green Terror Challenge at 4:00 p.m.
Team Standings (7 Teams): 1. Rowan (35); 2. Navy (39); 3. Salisbury (55); 4. Shenandoah (129); 5. Delaware Tech C.C. (154); 6. St. Mary's (165); 7. Wesley (200)
Seahawk Finishers (80 Runners): 31. Tyler Wilson; 58. James Judlick; 63. Frank Zimmer; 64. Joseph McManus; 65. Zack Walker; 71. Randy Larsen (35:19.95); 72. Adam Scrivener (36:31.76); 78. Danny Capasso (42:08.45)
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks