For Immediate Release · By Monica Vega · firstname.lastname@example.org
Dover, Del. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland women's soccer team cruised to a 3-0 win over the Wesley College Wolverines in Capital Athletic Conference action on Saturday evening.
St. Mary's (Md.) – 3, Wesley – 0
How It Happened
- The Seahawks would find the net early in the eighth minute of the game when first-year forward Gabby Encarnacion (Bel Air, Md./Bel Air) met with a pass from senior Carolyn Barranco (Parkton, Md./Hereford) to take the lead at 1-0.
- In the 35th minute, junior Lane Brooks (Middletown, Del./Bohemia Manor) would find the target, creating a 2-0 advantage at halftime.
- St. Mary's would score its final goal in the second half of the game as sophomore midfielder Emily Huey (Pocomoke City, Md./Snow Hill) capitalized on an assist from senior forward Gillian Sawyer (Columbia, Md./Wilde Lake) to finish the match at 3-0.
For St. Mary's (8-5, 5-1 CAC)
- Scorers: Encarnacion (1 goal, 7:33); Brooks (1 goal, 34:21), Huey (1 goal, 78:21), Barranco (1 assist), Sawyer (1 assist).
- Goalkeeper: Junior Sydney Larkin (Salisbury, Md./Parkside) would play 90:00 minutes and walked away with two saves.
- The Seahawks would take 42 shots (19 on goal) and have 11 corner kicks.
For Wesley (4-8-1, 0-6-0 CAC)
- Scorers: None
- Goalkeeper: Senior Sam Brannigan (Barrington, N.J./Haddon Heights) would play 90:00 minutes and have 16 saves to complete the contest.
- The Wolverines would take nine shots and conclude the game with five corner kicks.
Up next for the Seahawks
10/19 vs. University of Mary Washington (Pink Game) at 3:00 p.m. (CAC match)
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WSOCCER, #TalonsOut, #GoHawks
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwsoccer